Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Sauna and B-School

I recently came across Marie Forleo and the idea of B-School. Again. An old friend of mine had told me about it years ago, and I thought it sounded pretty cool. But expensive. It's an online business and marketing school with rave reviews across many sectors. Well. The price was right under $2000. She has some smaller free classes. Check this one out by clicking here. And I had made an impulse buy of a personal sauna from Sunlighten one week ago. The cost... Right around $2000. So I entered a contest to try and win a scholarship to B-School, because she gives away a certain number of them per year, some of them only for military and their families. The drawing was to be on Wednesday and I was feeling good about it. But then I got an email from Denise DT, the author of a little book called Get Rich Lucky Bitch. She has a course called Money Bootcamp that has had great reviews from people I respect in doTERRA, like Desiree Mangandog. I happened to pick up this book and work on finishing it earlier in that day. When that email came in, I saw that it was an offer connected to B-School. Opening it up, I saw that Denise's course goes for just under $2000, same price as B-School. But if I decided to sign up for B-School on Tuesday, through Denise's link, she would give me the entire $2000 Money Bootcamp for free... Talking it over with my husband, I came to the idea that... maybe I could swing this. IF I could get a refund on the sauna that hadn't even shipped yet. Turns out, I could. Citing military moving (which is true), and the need to run the sauna on a transformer (also true), I made my case and plan to buy a different model from the Sunlighten company later on this year (another true thing).... they gave me my refund. I don't want to be in the same room with my Instant Pot when it's on a transformer (to convert the power to the right voltage from 110V to 220V- you only know this when you live overseas).... using the sauna while on a transformer is like me being INSIDE the Instant Pot. Um.... no. Even if it's fine, I could still break the sauna. I'm annoyed I used my $400 Blendtec on one, let alone a sauna!!! Now I use my Hyundai blender, made for 220V, which I love. So.... long story short: I'm going to B-School!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment